High Throughput Routine Drug Analysis
Typically examining 500-3,000 samples for collaborators undertaking clinical trials, we use automated equipment to prepare samples and LC-MS to measure target drugs, and provide pharmacokinetic analysis of the results. Overall, we aim to process 10,000-15,000 clinical trial samples per year.
In cases where a validated extraction and processing method has not been established, we have a dedicated team of scientists with many years of cumulative experience to develop and validate innovative bioanalytical protocols according to international standards, and to deliver bioanalytical solutions to meet the unique needs.
- Artesunate and Dihydroartemisinin in plasma*
- Artemether and Dihydroartemisinin in plasma*
- Piperaquine in plasma*, whole blood and dried blood spots
- Lemefantrine and Desbutyl-lumefantrine in plasma*
- Chloroquine and Desethylchloroquine in plasma*, whole blood and dried blood spots
- Amodiaquine and Desethylamodiaquine in plasma* and dried blood spots
- Mefloquine and Carboxymefloquine in plasma*
- Primaquine and Carboxyprimaquine in plasma*
- Ivermectin in plasma and whole blood
- Pyronaridine in whole blood
- Pyrazinamide, Isoniazid, Rifampicin and Ethambutol in plasma
* ISO certified method
The pharmacometrics group can support clinical trials with pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic analysis at several different stages. We support the planning of studies by developing sampling schedules and help with selecting appropriate doses for the planned study. Once the study is completed we can support non-compartmental analysis and more powerful population-based modelling and simulation.
A fee will be charged to cover the costs of the services provided. A summary of costs will be discussed with you during the consultation period leading to entering into a Study Agreement and a guide is provided below based on the services schematic.
|Enquiry and Scoping||No Charge|
|Method Development Service||Approach dependent. Charges based on time and consumables. To be discussed with collaborator during scoping.|
|Core Service||Charges based on consumables, equipment running costs, staff time and data management. Prices range US$45 - US$90.|
|Pharmacokinetic Analysis Service||Approach dependent. Charges based on time. To be discussed with collaborator during scoping.|
We can normally receive samples of plasma, whole blood or urine from which we will extract your target using methods including;
- Solid phase extraction
- Liquid-liquid extraction
- Protein precipitation
The matrix and target will determine how we need your samples to be provided. Please note, the earlier you talk to us, the better. Letting us know which tubes you use to store your samples, making sure the labels are correct etc. are all important. This helps avoid delays and ensures the quality of results.