Pharmacology services Clinical Pharmacology
Based in newly refurbished laboratory facilities, Clinical Pharmacology use a variety of sample preparation techniques, such as solid-phase extraction and liquid-liquid extraction, in combination with LC-MS methodology for drugs measurement in biological samples. We also provide pharmacokinetic data analysis, ranging from non-compartmental analysis to model-based population assessments.
Current Instrumentation and Automation:
- 1 AB SCIEX TripleTOF® 5600+ High Resolution MS
- 1 AB SCIEX Triple Quad™ 6500+ MS
- 3 AB SCIEX API 5000™ Triple Quadrupole MS
- 1 AB SCIEX API 3200™ QTRAP MS
- 1 ekspert™ nanoLC 400 system
- 1 Agilent 1290 Infinity UHPLC system
- 4 Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ Ultimate 3000 UHPLC systems
- 2 TECAN Freedom EVO® 100 Liquid Handling and Automation
- 2 BSD600 Duet Semi-Automated Punch Instrument for dried blood spot
MORU has its own QA/QC sub-department which operates independently, establishes, manages and monitors quality systems to ensure high quality services, as well as accurate results. Our quality procedure is driven by international standards, including ISO 15189, ISO 15190, FDA, EMA and other regulatory compliance standards.
The Clinical Pharmacology Laboratory holds ISO 15189:2012 and ISO 15190:2003 accreditations for many methods, and have the expertise to develop and validate methods for research services. We are committed to continually monitor both data quality and laboratory operations, and to ensure that the high level of quality and compliance are maintained.
Alongside the on-going research programme across the MORU network, Clinical Pharmacology provides external academic researchers and commercial collaborators an affordable service in High Throughput Routine Drug Analysis.
Our main goal is to combine scientific expertise and up-to-date regulatory knowledge with the latest technology platforms to provide high quality research services, which enable scientists to pursue important questions and improve global health.