The analytical team have:
- Shown that collider bias may explain recent high-profile claims that G6PD deficiency may
- protect against cerebral malaria directly.
- Using causal inference theory based on directed acyclic graphs that moderate anaemia protects against mortality in patients with severe malaria.
- Developed a new approach to the interpretation of P. vivax recurrences that combines genotyping and time to event modelling, and allocates the cause of recurrence with a high degree of confidence.
- Modelled the pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic relationships underlying toxicity of the newly registered sleeping sickness medicine fexinidazole. This was important in contributing to EMA approval in October 2018.