- Validation of new G6PD point of care tests (Biosensors) against gold standard quantitative spectrophotometry and genotyping. This study assessed quantitative rapid G6PD deficiency diagnostic tests that have the potential to be used in the field and can ensure the safe delivery of 8-aminoquinolines for vivax radical cure.
- Established the relationship between sub-microscopic carriage and infection transmission to the malaria vectors (J Infect Dis. 2018. doi: 10.1093/infdis/jiy686).
- Completed large clinical trials on the treatment of P. vivax (Clin Infect Dis. 2018;67(10):1543-9. doi: 10.1093/cid/ciy319ciy and Clin Infect Dis. 2018. doi: 10.1093/cid/ciy735).
- Successfully established a platform for the testing of new compounds against hypnozoites of P. vivax (Science. 2018;362(6419). doi: 10.1126/science.aat9446).
- Analysis of the relationship between G6PD deficiency and asymptomatic carriage of malaria in a 24-month cohort study.